Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Introduction



Hello everyone and welcome to my very first blog! Before I dive into the thrills and chills of parenting, let me introduce myself. My name is Tamarra Reaves and I am the a mother to three amazing girls, and the spouse of an active duty Marine. My oldest is 8 years old, the middle girl is 7, and the youngest is 7 months old. Due to military service we do a lot of moving. As a result of the frequent changes in location, each of the girls were born in different states. My oldest two girls have been to three different schools in the past three years. For the past seven years I have been a stay at home mom, experiencing motherhood in all it glory, trials, and tribulations.

Parenthood is an wild adventure in which there are no maps. You can read all the self help books, practice with other peoples kids, or work with kids, but you will never be fully prepared. Like many moms I comb the internet trying to figure out what the children should be doing at each stage of growth, what is normal, and cures for every ailment; however, I have come to realize that every child is unique, and that there are just some things you'll have to learn through trial and error.

As I share the outlandish stories of some of my tribulations and achievements, I welcome you to share your advice, comments, and stories. I ask that all comments be respectful and courteous so that this can be an enjoyable experience for all. I hope everyone finds something they like, and I look forward to your comments!

Tamarra Reaves


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tamarra,

    My parents also moved around a lot. I eventually adjusted to the changing towns and the changing schools but it was hard. You have adorable children. You must be very proud. I miss when my children were young. Mine are all grown up and in college now. I like your blog it is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete